11.10.2006

Cleared for Takeoff Too

Allow myself to introduce, myself. My name is Scud Runner. Although I have had other jobs in the aviation industry, I’m what some may call a freight dawg.
I live in a small metropolis I call Big Town in New South Montucky.
I fly a cabin class twin engine aircraft (SUV) for a small company that contracts freight for one of the Big Box Haulers. I’m a thirty-something year old male that is old enough to know better and at times, is still too young to care. I fly a fairly regular schedule (4-6 Days a week) putting in the max allowed 14 hour duty days. (at least that is what the paperwork says)

I feel that I know my job and do it very well. (not cocky here just confident) I feel that it is important for a pilot know and be able to operate his or her machine in every corner of the flight envelope. I think it is also important for a pilot to know his or her own physical limitations very well and know where those boundaries are. Lapses in judgment and flying your aircraft out side of those limits can lead to tragic and fatal results. My personal limits may, at times seem too conservative or wildly excessive depending on your perception. I want you the reader to understand that when I do my job I try to make decisions based on sound judgment and the safest way to accomplish the task at hand. Keep this in mind as you read.

These are the stories of my adventures. I hope that you will enjoy them!

No comments: